Private Rugby Coaching
Private rugby coaching is open to rugby players of all ages and abilities and can be on a 1-2-1 basis or in small groups. Every session is tailored to the individual's needs and constructed with the following values in mind:
- Confidence - Private coaching allows players to learn and try new things in a controlled environment where it is safe to make mistakes. Players can benefit from the additional technical coaching and return to their school or club environment with more confidence in the skills they have learnt.
- Ownership and Understanding - Players are encouraged to play an active role in their development and provide feedback at every opportunity - this is not a dictatorship! It plays a key role in helping to improve their understanding of the game as a whole, as well as specifics within the game. If they understand WHY we are training in a certain way then hopefully it will improve their ability to self-correct in the future and improve their performance in matches.
- Skill Execution - Part of the sessions will always focus on technical coaching to improve players' ability to execute skills under pressure and improve their performance.
- Fitness - Depending on the time of year and other commitments for the player, sessions will often feature a fitness element through the use of 'Skills Circuits' so as to tie together the technical elements we have worked on and put them under the pressure of fatigue.
- Player Centred - It is important, for younger and older players alike, to ensure that they are not over-training or trying to cram in too many commitments. I aim to tailor sessions accordingly (within the session or whether one should even take place) if players are fatigued, have fixtures coming up, are due to train for other sports etc.
I have coached a variety of players from across the UK and assisted with general development, or towards specific goals such as County and Academy trials, as well as school scholarship opportunities. On the latter point, I have contributed references towards a number of scholarship applications. You can see some examples of the clients I work with in the Client Profile section here.
I am based near Ealing in West London, but can travel across the UK. The baseline cost for an hour session is £40 but the price may vary according to the distance traveled, so as to cover travel expenses There is a list of the locations that I currently, regularly coach at in the FAQ section.